Since our establishment in 1994 in our chair manufacturing processes our company uses only legally obtained wood which we believe is ethically and morally responsible to our future generations.
We are proud to be members of the FSC (Forest Stewardship Counsil). We believe that with participating in it we help to limit the deforestation of the World and preserve our environment. Moreover, since 2013 we are following all requirements of the EU timber regulation (EUTR) and we can go back to the exact tree of which our chairs are made.
The whole process has the following steps:
1. STEP 1: Forest administration is marking the trees to be cut and prepared for transport to the saw mill – electronic bill is issued when the logs are ready and stored, where the control is done again by the forest administration
2. STEP 2: Transportation from the forest to the saw mill – electronic bill is issued and only certified transport companies with GPS can make the transportation.
3. STEP 3: Saw mill - electronic bill is issued when the logs are processed and the Timber is ready for loading and not only for the ready production but also of the waste
4. STEP 4: Transportation from the saw mill to Kasto chairs – and only certified transport companies with GPS can make the transportation.
5. STEP 5: Kasto chairs manufacturing process – electronic bill is issued every day of the wood consumption compared to chair manufacturing
Every company as well as the forest administration are obliged to have 24/7 video surveillance system and the forest administration is obliged to check each step of the process at least once per month.
FSC website: https://fsc.org/en
For more information please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Call us at +359886320964
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with all your questions which we will be glad to answer.